Comprehensive breast cancer treatment in Austin and Central Texas
The breast cancer specialists at St. David's HealthCare provide comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services. This includes everything from routine mammograms to breast surgery. Additionally, as part of the Sarah Cannon network, we give you access to some of the most cutting-edge cancer treatments available.
To learn more about our breast cancer services, please call askSARAH at (512) 840-6032.
Breast cancer services we provide
We offer many different treatment and diagnostic services at our hospitals throughout the Austin area. Breast cancer services we offer include:
- Advanced reconstruction
- Axillary lymph node dissection
- Breast biopsies
- Breast cancer in women and men
- Breast cysts
- Breast fibroadenoma
- Breast "lift" mastopexy
- Breast MRI
- Breast phyllodes tumor
- Breast reduction mammoplasty
- Breast reconstruction with implants
- Breast reconstruction with tissue flaps (DIEP, PAP, SGAP, TRAM, etc)
- Clinical trial opportunities
- Genetic counseling and onco-fertility
- Hidden scar surgery
- Intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT)
- Laser therapy
- Lumpectomy/Partial mastectomy
- Mastectomy (simple, skin sparing, nipple sparing, modified radical)
- Molecular profiling
- Oncology rehabilitation
- Oncoplastic surgery
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Stereotactic core needle biopsy
- Surgical oncology
- Ultrasound-Guided core needle biopsy
- Ultrasound-Guided fine needle aspiration
- Wire free localization
- Wire localization
One of the best ways to be proactive in your breast health is by getting routine mammograms. With accreditations from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) and American College of Radiology (ACR), we provide leading breast imaging services. We use advanced technology to provide 3D mammograms. This allows doctors to better detect cancer with more detailed images of the breast.
Minimally invasive breast biopsies
We offer both stereotactic and ultrasound-guided biopsies to determine the presence of cancer. Both are less invasive than a surgical biopsy and result in less pain and scarring.
We perform the following procedures:
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
- 3D-guided stereotactic biopsy
- Ultrasound-guided breast biopsy
- Cyst aspiration
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) breast biopsies
Advanced breast surgery
The expert surgeons at our hospitals use advanced surgical techniques to perform mastectomies (removal of all of the breast tissue) and lumpectomies (removal of a portion of the breast tissue). During the procedure, your surgeon will make an incision in an area that is hard to see. This means once you have healed, the scar will be nearly invisible.
We know that the cancer treatment journey can be overwhelming. Your breast cancer nurse navigator will walk with you through every step of the treatment process. They will help you:
- Understand your exam findings and treatment options
- Facilitate contact with the staff and your physicians
- Empower you to become an informed participant in your treatment program
- Connect with other cancer support services and resources
To reach the breast nurse navigator, please call (512) 544-0176.
Determine your risk for breast cancer
We offer a free resource to help you identify your personal risk factors for breast cancer and understand what changes you can make to lower your risk. Once you take the short quiz below, we will email you results and help determine any next steps you should take.
About Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute
As part of Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare, our family of hospitals provides comprehensive cancer services with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies for people facing cancer in our communities. From diagnosis to treatment and survivorship care, our oncology expertise ensures you have access to locally trusted care with the support of a globally recognized network.
Have cancer questions? We can help. askSARAH is a dedicated helpline for your cancer-related questions. Our specially trained nurses are available 24/7, and all calls are confidential. Contact askSARAH at (512) 840-6032 or chat online at askSARAHnow.com.