Nationally recognized heart hospital in Austin, Texas
At the Heart Hospital of Austin, we offer advanced cardiac care, with our facility featuring state-of-the-art cardiovascular technology and a 24/7 emergency room (ER).
From prevention to recovery, our specialized heart center is uniquely designed for the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. Our goal is to provide comprehensive, patient-centered care resulting in excellent patient outcomes.
For more information about our heart care services, call the Heart Hospital of Austin at (512) 407-7000.
Heart Hospital of Austin has been recognized by Healthgrades with the Patient Safety Excellence Award (2018-2020). Healthgrades has also previously named us as one of America's Top 50 Hospitals.
Advanced cardiac facilities
The Heart Hospital of Austin—home to one of the largest non-academic cardiovascular research programs in the world—is a 58-bed hospital featuring advanced facilities that include:
- A comprehensive 24-hour ER
- Cardiac catheterization (cath) labs
- Electrophysiology labs
- Operating rooms (ORs), including three hybrid ORs
Heart Valve Clinic
Additionally, our hospital features the Heart Valve Clinic, which is dedicated to the advancement and research of valvular therapies. Established in 2012, the Heart Valve Clinic has brought together an expert team of interventional cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons who specialize in advanced transcatheter valve procedures and minimally invasive surgical valve interventions.
Preventive heart care
When it comes to heart disease, there aren't always signs and symptoms until the conditions is in later stages. Because of this, our doctors know that preventive medicine is the best medicine. We offer cardiac computed tomography (CT) scanning to identify potential issues while they are still treatable.
Specialized heart care services we offer
To effectively treat a wide range of cardiac conditions, we offer a variety of specialized heart care services, including:
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Cardiac imaging center
- Emergency cardiac care
- Executive wellness programs
Treatment of advanced aortic disease
Our doctors are specialists in the treatment of advanced aortic diseases. We offer leading-edge treatment options for patients with conditions of the thoracic aorta, including:
- Acute and chronic aortic dissections
- Coarctation of the aorta
- Thoracic and thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms
- Traumatic injuries of the aorta
- Marfan syndrome
To find a specialist to treat advanced aortic disease, please call our physician referral line at (512) 478-3627.
Cardiology at St. David's HealthCare
Cardiology is the medical treatment of the heart and parts of the circulatory system as they relate to the heart. Cardiologists specialize in diagnosing and treating conditions related to the cardiovascular system.Learn about Cardiology
- Heart Hospital of Austin
- Heart Hospital of Austin at St. David's Round Rock
- St David’s South Austin Medical Center Cardiac Rehabilitation
- St. David's Georgetown Hospital
- St. David's Medical Center
- St. David's North Austin Medical Center
- St. David's Round Rock Medical Center
- St. David's South Austin Medical Center
- St. David’s Medical Center Cardiac Prevention/Rehabilitation
- The Kidney Transplant Center at St. David's North Austin Medical Center