Orthopedic surgeons in Austin, Texas
At St. David's Georgetown Hospital, we provide advanced technology for joint replacements and other orthopedic procedures. Our goal is to offer high-quality treatments and services to help patients get back to a pain-free life.
For more information about our orthopedic services, call st. David's Georgetown Hospital at (512) 943-3000.
Our orthopedic team
Our multispecialty team works together to provide comprehensive orthopedic care. Our team consists of:
- Board-certified orthopedic surgeons
- Case managers
- Experienced physical and occupational therapists
- Lab and X-ray technologists
- Registered dietitians
- Specialized nurses and technicians
- Social workers
Orthopedic conditions we treat
Our orthopedic specialists are experienced in diagnosing and treating a wide range of conditions, including:
- Arthritis pain
- Broken bones
- Impingement (pinched nerve)
- Joint pain from injury or osteoarthritis
- Joint dislocations
- Muscle strains or sprains
- Neck and back pain
- Overuse or repetitive stress injuries
- Sciatic pain
- Sports injuries, including concussions
- Tendon and cartilage injuries
- Traumatic injuries
Specialized joint replacement surgery
In addition to offering non-invasive treatment methods, such as medication management and physical therapy, for joint conditions, we also offer advanced joint replacement surgery.
- Knee replacements
- Hip replacements
- Shoulder replacements
Prior to joint replacement surgery, patients will learn about their procedure and recovery through our preoperative education class. We will also schedule a preoperative visit to the hospital where the patient will receive blood work and other testing. Surgeons may recommend preoperative exercises to prepare the joint.
Hip and knee replacement program
St. David's Georgetown Hospital, a part of the St. David's HealthCare network, participates in Medicare’s Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR) program. This program promotes high-quality, cost-efficient services and better coordination of care for patients undergoing hip and knee replacement surgery.
We work closely with our physicians and post-acute care providers to improve quality of care and coordinate care from the initial hospitalization through recovery.
Orthopedic care at St. David's HealthCare
Orthopedic doctors, called orthopedists, take care of your bones and joints. This includes knee pain, total joint replacement, issues that impact your spine and more. You might need to see an orthopedist if you have arthritis or osteoporosis, or if you've had a recent sprain, strain or broken bone.Learn about Orthopedic care
- St. David's Georgetown Hospital
- St. David's Medical Center
- St. David's North Austin Medical Center
- St. David's Round Rock Medical Center
- St. David's South Austin Medical Center
- The Kidney Transplant Center at St. David's North Austin Medical Center