Neurological disorders treatment in Austin, Texas
The neurology team at St. David’s Medical Center is dedicated to helping patients experiencing symptoms of nervous system conditions. From brain tumors to spinal cord injuries, the neurologists, neurosurgeons and care teams in our Neuroscience & Spine Institute work with each patient to ensure an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.
For more information about our neurology services, call our Neuroscience & Spine Institute at (512) 544-9000.
Advanced neurological care
The specialists within our Neuroscience & Spine Institute provide individualized, quality care for patients with brain, spine and nerve conditions. Here, we integrate advanced clinical protocols and surgical technologies to provide advanced neurological care and neuro-rehabilitative care.
Our institute was founded to promote quality care, provide educational leadership and perform advanced research in the field of neuroscience. This is why our program features dozens of physicians within various subspecialties, all committed to quality care and research advances.
Types of neurological conditions we treat
Our neurological specialists treat a wide range of conditions, including:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Brain cancer and tumors
- Degenerative disc disease
- Head injuries, concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Herniated discs
- Migraines and other headache disorders
- Nerve and muscle issues, including spasms, weakness, numbness and pain
- Spine injuries
- Spine tumors
- Vertebral fractures
Nonsurgical treatment we offer
Sometimes, we are able to treat a patient's condition with noninvasive methods.
These can include:
- Medication management
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Recommended rest
Neurosurgical procedures we offer
When nonsurgical methods are not successful at relieving a patient's condition, our neurosurgeons are equipped to perform advanced surgical procedures.
- Cranial neurosurgery
- Spinal decompression
- Spinal fusion (lumbar, thoracic and cervical)
Neurological care at St. David's HealthCare
Neurological care is the practice of medicine that focuses on the treatment, function and diagnosis of diseases relating to the nerves and nervous system. Neurologists and neurosurgeons treat disorders that affect the brain or spinal cord.Learn about Neurological care
- St. David's Medical Center
- St. David's Neuroscience and Spine Institute
- St. David's North Austin Medical Center
- St. David's Round Rock Medical Center
- St. David's South Austin Medical Center
- The Kidney Transplant Center at St. David's North Austin Medical Center