Breast imaging centers in Austin, Texas
As a leading provider in breast care, St. David's HealthCare breast centers offer the area's first digital mammography technology and 3D mammogram. Our breast health services are performed in comfortable settings by a renowned staff of certified technologists, nurses with specialized training and expert physicians.
To learn more about our breast center services or to schedule a mammogram, call (512) 544-8800.
Comprehensive breast care
Our breast care services combine advanced technology with convenience, comfort and compassion. We offer a wide range of services and treatments to help patients maintain breast health. Additionally, our expert team is committed to providing education and support for all women, with specific resources for those diagnosed with breast cancer.
Preventive care through digital mammography
In 2013, The Breast Center at St. David's Medical Center became the first facility in Austin to offer 3D mammography, also known as breast tomosynthesis. With 3D imaging combined with traditional mammography, doctors are able to detect breast cancer at a higher rate than with 2D imaging alone.
Digital mammography is available at all our mammography centers. Using computer-assisted detection, we are able to provide better outcomes for our patients, including exceptional clarity, better skin line visibility and shorter exam times. We also offer a variety of amenities to improve your comfort, such as robes and foam mammography pads.
Schedule a mammogram
- St. David's South Austin Medical Center call (512) 816-7340 option 1 and then 4
- The Breast Center at St. David's Medical Center call (512) 544-8800
- St. David's North Austin Medical Center call (512) 901-8729
- St. David's Round Rock Medical Center call (512) 341-6414 option 2
- St. David's Georgetown Hospital call (512) 942-4406 option 5
To learn more about your risk for breast cancer, take our free breast cancer risk assessment.
Advanced breast center
The Breast Center at St. David's Medical Center has offered exceptional care for women's health for over 80 years. The Breast Center is the first and only accreditation designated facility by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers in Austin, Texas. Additionally, it has been named a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence as designated by the American College of Radiology.
The Breast Center offers a wide range of advanced services, including:
- Biopsies, including:
- 3D stereotactic upright biopsy
- 3T magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) breast biopsy
- Needle localization and galactograms
- Stereotactic and ultrasound guided biopsy
- Body fat assessments
- Bone density screenings
- Genetic risk assessments
- Ultrasound services for:
- Breast conditions
- Gynecologic conditions
- Obstetric conditions
- Thyroid conditions
Visiting The Breast Center
The Breast Center at St. David's Medical Center is open Monday - Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Complimentary parking in Garage I
- Complimentary valet for patients with mobility issues at the main entrance
- Scheduling for multiple exams in one visit
- Walk-in appointments
Breast conditions we treat
Our doctors are experienced in treat a wide range of conditions related to breast health, including:
- Breast cancer
- Fibrocystic disease
- Mastalgis (breast pain)
Treatments and services we offer
We offer a variety of treatments and services to diagnose and treat breast conditions.
- Breast augmentation surgery
- Fine needle biopsy
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy