Visitation Rights Information
We recognize the importance of family, spouses, partners, friends and other visitors in the care process of patients. We adopt and affirm as policy the following visitation rights of patients/clients who receive services from our facilities:
- To be informed of their visitation rights, including any clinical restriction or limitation of their rights.
- To designate visitors, including but not limited to a spouse, a domestic partner (including same sex), family members, and friends. These visitors will not be restricted or otherwise denied visitation privileges on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or disability. All visitors will enjoy full and equal visitation privileges consistent with any clinically necessary or other reasonable restriction or limitation that facilities may need to place on such rights.
- To receive visits from your attorney, physician, or clergyman at any reasonable time.
- To speak privately with anyone he/she wishes (subject to hospital visiting regulations) unless a doctor does not think it is medically advised.
- To refuse visitors.
- Media representatives and photographers must contact the hospital spokesperson for access to the hospital.