All requests for interviews and photographs with patients, physicians or employees at a St. David’s HealthCare facility must be approved by a representative at Elizabeth Christian Public Relations prior to scheduling.
To schedule an interview with a physician or staff member of St. David’s HealthCare or any of its Central Texas facilities—St. David’s Medical Center, St. David’s Georgetown Hospital, Heart Hospital of Austin, St. David’s North Austin Medical Center, St. David’s Surgical Hospital, St. David’s South Austin Medical Center or St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center—or to request permission to obtain photos or video footage at an area facility, please contact:
Elizabeth Christian Public Relations
Phone: (512) 494-2866
Phone: (512) 494-2862
Phone: (512) 494-2883
A representative from Elizabeth Christian Public Relations will work with the interviewee to secure written consent and must accompany news media at all times while on St. David’s HealthCare property.
Please speak with a representative at Elizabeth Christian Public Relations to determine an approved location prior to sending a team to a St. David’s HealthCare facility for a live shot. News media should not set up cameras in any St. David’s emergency department ambulance driveway or in any place that blocks patient access to an emergency department entrance.
Patient Condition ReportsIn compliance with HIPAA regulations, and out of respect for patients and their families, St. David’s HealthCare cannot comment, other than a one-word condition report, on current or previous patients.
St. David’s HealthCare will, in most cases, release a one-word condition report on a patient's status upon request from the news media. The reporter's query must include the patient's correct first and last name with correct spelling. St. David’s HealthCare will not provide a condition or acknowledge a patient is in our care if the patient or their family has requested their information not to be released.
- Treated and Released — Received treatment but not admitted.
- Good — Vital signs* are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent.
- Fair — Vital signs* are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious, but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- Serious — Vital signs* may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
- Critical — Vital signs* are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.
*Vital signs are clinical measurements including pulse rate, temperature, respiration rate and blood pressure that indicate the state of a patient’s essential body functions.
St. David’s HealthCare will not release information about patients who:
- Request that no information be released.
- Are under age 18, without a parent or legal guardian's written consent.
- Are involved in domestic violence, rape, sexual abuse, child/elderly abuse, chemical dependency or attempted suicide.
- Are in danger as determined by law enforcement officials.
All policies are in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act's privacy rule and the American Hospital Association's "Guide for the Release of Information on the Condition of Patients."
If you are unable to view the videos, photo galleries and multimedia elements on this site, then chances are your access is limited by a firewall. Many corporate and other network owners restrict access to certain sites and technologies such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr. Our new website relies heavily on these technologies and therefore, parts of the site are blocked from view on some networks. If you feel that you are missing the full multimedia experience of our new website, please contact your network administrator or try visiting the site from home or other unrestricted location.