Because St. David's HealthCare values the contributions of our employees, we offer excellent benefits that add tremendous value to your overall compensation package. After all, our employees make us who we are - one of the most trusted and respected healthcare providers in Central Texas.
As a member of the nation's largest healthcare company, HCA, St. David's HealthCare is able to offer an impressive array of benefits that goes beyond the expected. These benefits support and enhance your work and personal life as you take care of yourself and your family. This comprehensive package is designed to help with a variety of expenses while strengthening your financial security both today and tomorrow.
You become eligible for these benefits once you have completed two calendar months of service with St. David's HealthCare.
- Paid Time Off - This benefit gives you as much flexibility as possible when you need or want time off. The program combines vacation, holiday and sick leave into one flexible plan. Time off grows with years of service and hours worked. You may also "cash out" your paid time off.
- Medical Coverage - You have a choice of medical insurance plans so you can select the one that works best for you and your family. St. David's HealthCare offers a PPO plan with options to purchase "riders" for higher levels of coverage. All plans offer outstanding coverage, particularly in St. David's HealthCare's affiliated hospitals.
- Dental Coverage - As with your medical coverage, you have a choice of dental plans to meet the specific needs for you and your family.
- Retirement Benefits - 401(k) Plan enables you to save from 1% to 50% of your income before it is taxed. The plan offers a way to combine your retirement contributions with contributions from your facility to help you save for the future. St. David's provides a 100% match on your contributions (from 3% to 9% of your pay) based on your years of vesting service. You have a variety of professionally managed fund choices in which to invest your savings
- Tuition Reimbursement - St. David's HealthCare supports your professional development, career progression, and learning by reimbursing costs of tuition and fees for eligible coursework. This benefit is available to part-time and full-time employees with six months of service.
- Education - You are given plenty of opportunities to advance your skill sets, knowledge and career through participation in ongoing education and development that includes classroom learning (on- and off-site), preparation for professional certifications, online learning options and more. You may also be able to take advantage of the HCA Scholarship program, and ConSern Student Loan programs for you and your family.
- Family & Wellness - St. David's HealthCare and HCA provide an Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential personal, legal and financial counseling services for you and your family; Adoption Assistance Program that reimburses adoption-related expenses; childcare discounts; vision care coverage and laser eye surgery discounts.
- Consumer Discounts - You can save money on a variety of products and services - from computers and wireless services to flowers and entertainment tickets.
- Other Benefits - In addition to these benefits, you will receive free parking, cafeteria discounts, direct deposit, and voluntary benefits such as long-term care, permanent life insurance and legal assistance.