Vice President Physician Network Operations
Partnership Market Office - Austin, Texas
Job Code: 06766-5555 CORP
HCA, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees, is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA is a learning healthcare system that uses more than 27 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life.
The VP Physician Network Operations will recruit physicians to the organization and coordinate management of the overall operations of the St. David’s Quality Alliance necessary to contract the
network with payors. Responsibilities include:
- Develop staffing plans, hire and direct any current and future staff of the entity.
- Work with managed care organizations to coordinate current and future payer contract development for the St. David’s Quality Alliance.
- Educate and update all key members of Group/Division/Market operations management team (e.g., Presidents, CEOs, CFOs, COOs, CNOs and Directors, including hospitals, ASCs and HCA Physician Services) on ongoing activities.
- Provide guidance to the board of the St. David’s Quality Alliance in the development of criteria for distribution of any gain share earned by the entity through Value-Based contracts.
- Coordinate all reporting and internal communication to St. David’s Quality Alliance leadership and practices.
- Develop and present annual budgets and business plans for St. David’s Quality Alliance.
- Oversee all credentialing activities of the entities.
- Organize and manage all St. David’s Quality Alliance Board and Committee meetings.
- Support network committees and board(s) of directors by preparing meeting materials, ensuring efficient communication of network activities, and prioritizing key information necessary for the effective operation of the committees and boards.
- Maintain financial records and budgets for the St. David’s Quality Alliance and regularly present to the boards of each of the above entities regarding their financial status.
- Maintain current knowledge of State and Federal regulations, laws and legislative agendas regarding the healthcare industry, paying particular attention to those that involve healthcare reform, managed care and health insurance.
- Practice and adhere to St. David’s HealthCare’s mission and values statement and code of conduct, and attend all required ethics and compliance training and retraining.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned or requested by the Board or ownership body of the St. David’s Quality Alliance.
The VP Physician Network Operations is to serve in a leadership role, guiding the Board of the St. David’s Quality Alliance in the development of strategies grounded in producing improved healthcare quality, outcomes and cost effectiveness to third party payors and employers.
- Supporting effective care processes across the care continuum (e.g., inpatient, outpatient, post-acute, home care, and wellness and disease prevention);
- Engage St. David’s Quality Alliance leadership in the development of processes for collecting healthcare quality data and measuring, monitoring, and rewarding performance
- Development of clinical data sharing and reporting; portal use for real-time reporting and alerts;
- Analyze Payer provided reports; prepare executive summary for presentation to St. David’s Quality Alliance and St. Davids’ HealthCare leadership and identifies; areas for improvement and suggested actions to guide St. David’s Quality Alliance performance in patient care or health maintenance based on evidence-based guidelines;
- Keep all personal health information (PHI) strictly confidential and distributes PHI to other health care personnel only on a need-to-know basis for the purpose of improving patient care.
The VP Physician Network Operations will also facilitate the Quality Improvement Agenda in conjunction with applicable staff to ensure quality metrics are established, monitored and reported.
Bachelor’s Degree Required. Master’s Degree Preferred.
Minimum of 5 Years Experience in a leadership position working for a Value-Based Physician Organization.
- Knowledge of physician office practice operations.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret complex data.
- Project Management: Skilled in project planning, task prioritization, effectively manages resources, outcomes measurement, and tracking. Takes initiative and exercises good judgment.
- Successful influencer who can interact effectively with diverse groups of stakeholders such as physicians, healthcare administration, and staff.
- Strong communication skills, including listening and presenting.
- Ability to build trust and confidence with the utmost integrity.
- Ability to facilitate and lead successful outcomes on such matters as physician compensation that is mutually satisfactory to all stakeholders.
- Ability to lead change management initiatives.
- Strong customer service focus for patients and employees.
- Strategic thinker with ability to see the “big picture”.
- Assumes accountability and responsibility for own actions.
- Team player who can build collaborative relationships across the organization.
- Understands the value of technology and is able to address issues of costs, benefits, and analyze risk.
- Credibility with physician constituencies.
- Results-oriented personality; self-starter.
- High tolerance for complex, ambiguous and changing environments.
- 5-10% travel required.
Last Edited: 12/28/2018