Central and West Texas Division ,VP, Marketing - Austin, TX
Partnership Market Office - Austin, Texas
Job Code: 10206-23715
• Functions as the strategic leader responsible for setting and executing digital & marketing strategies as well as building and managing the organizational infrastructure to enable the divisional and hospital teams to grow service lines and deliver on their value proposition. Responsibilities also include identification and execution of business development opportunities and strategies.
• Will report to the Division President and directly manage facility marketing leaders, vendor partnerships and will oversee a department has staff members.
• Develops and leads high performing team of marketing, PR, community relations and facility level professionals
• Provides direct reports and team members with clear expectations and timely performance feedback
• Provides primary leadership and direction for marketing opportunities within the division, ensuring collaboration with Provider Relationship Management, Physician Services Group, CRM, IT, Operations, Finance, Hospital Leadership, and Corporate Affairs
• Acts as a thought leader for HCA by collaborating with division leaders to identify areas of opportunity and differentiation through marketing initiatives
• Establishes deep, effective partnerships with facility and division senior leadership and serves as the primary lead to identify issues and risks and to collect and distribute information for division-wide decision-making
Business and Planning Strategy
• Establishes and manages division marketing budget with measurable ROI
• Tracks marketing initiatives to hospital volumes and budgets
• Provides strategic leadership to drive best-in-class marketing plans for HCA division
• In collaboration with key division and facility leaders, formulates and executes the Division’s marketing annual plan necessary to achieve business targets in relation to marketing initiatives
• In collaboration with facility senior operations and marketing leaders, creates and enables the development of targeted marketing strategies to support business growth plans focused on increasing market share and revenue
• Analyzes business growth related to market strategies and accepts accountability for outcomes of strategies
• Proactively monitors the market dynamics of Division’s markets, including competitive activity, consumer and technology trends and other influencers. Shares recommendations if adjustments in plans, budget or priorities are warranted.
• Researches and identifies external marketing and advertising resources
• Reviews for approval all division invoices related to marketing, advertising, PR, market research and communications
• Gathers and prepares monthly reports on all division marketing activities. Ensures collection of pertinent research and report findings to support profitable program/service line development
Marketing and Digital Strategy
• Oversees the brand building efforts of the related division, department, and hospital brands based on the approved graphics standards and style guide. Will own the brand value proposition and all brand strategy work across a division.
• Oversees the development of communications and marketing materials (advertising, public relations, websites, etc.) that support the strategic marketing objectives.
• Oversees creative services and production capabilities for enterprise, division and hospital marketing and educational materials
• Leverages cutting edge marketing, social media, digital/ecommerce technologies and trends to provide strategy and oversight for creation of content that is displayed through digital channels
• Continually evaluates and adjusts strategies and plans to stay ahead of changing digital markets across multiple platforms (e.g., online, mobile, social) and competitive conditions.
• Oversees and assists with events that promote division and hospital initiatives.
• Gathers, analyzes and evaluates market research, competitors, and industry trends and utilize that data to measure awareness of the hospital system, gauge the competition’s outreach effort, and understand what consumers look for when selecting health care providers
• Develops and implements strategic and tactical marketing plans to meet organizational needs and support primary division business goals.
PR & Community Relations
• Promotes organizational programs and services through participation in community organizations, agencies, speaker bureaus, etc.
• Evaluates, investigates, and remains abreast of public policies and environmental activities which have an impact on the operation of the facilities; remains fully familiar with regulatory standards impacting hospital operations.
• Serves as the division spokesperson for high visibility public relations issues, events and initiatives
• Collaborates with both division and senior facility leaders to design and implement targeted public awareness campaigns, strategic media relations and crisis communications.
Education: Requires a bachelor’s degree, in business, marketing or health-related field. An advanced degree in business, health administration or marketing is preferred; candidates with requisite experience will be considered.
• Requires a minimum of ten (10) years of progressive marketing leadership experience
• Minimum five (5) years of digital experience
• Previous multi-site marketing experience preferred
• Broad marketing & digital leadership experience in multiple environments
• Strong track record of leadership and delivering tangible results
• Experience working in regional teams in large corporations
• Experience navigating complex, matrixed organizations
Knowledge & Skills:
Relationship Building & Organizational Influence
• Demonstrated success forging strong working relationships with a variety of constituents (e.g. physicians, board members, facility leadership, division leadership, group and company operations leadership)
• Strong ability to negotiate and sell big ideas; can influence multiple stakeholders and possesses business partnership skills needed in a highly complex/dynamic environment
• Ability to communicate internally and externally across all levels of an organization
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and innovative thinker with creative problem solving skills
• Ability to analyze research, financials and metrics to support effective strategic planning
• Ability to demonstrate understanding of, articulate, and make balanced decisions
Building & Leading Teams
• Possess high degree of integrity and moral character
• Ability to lead and motivate a highly skilled and innovative team with varied backgrounds and disciplines
• Experience in developing talent and building new teams to meet organizational demands
Marketing Strategy & Planning
• Demonstrated ability to define marketing strategy and develop comprehensive plans
• Demonstrated operational planning, project implementation, monitoring and performance measurement
• Strong expertise in digital/ecommerce and experience working on digital programs and initiatives
Finance & Revenue Growth
• Ability to effectively communicate a vision for growth by aligning strategic initiatives with goals, objectives, and marketing tactics
• Experience managing budgets and meeting/exceeding financial targets
• Demonstrated ability to analyze business opportunities and develop new products and business through effective strategy development, marketing and product positioning
• Ability to research, understand, articulate changes in, and determine the impact of changes in public policy, environmental issues, and community economic trends
Vendor Relationship Management
• Experience in managing relationships with internal & external suppliers and partners
• Ability to oversee multiple sites, remote employees and their unique needs
• Experience in managing projects across multiple geographies with differing objectives/ goals
• Ability to demonstrate respect for local needs within a standardized corporate structure
Working Conditions & Travel Expectations
• Requires the ability to travel from one location to another within the Division and around the Austin and El Paso Market(s). May be needed to work early morning, evening and weekend hours. Position includes overnight travel on an as needed basis.
• Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 20 pounds occasionally.
• Work is performed in an office environment with occasional outside observation and review. Work may be stressful at times.
Last Edited: 07/20/2018