Quinoa Salad with Tomatoes, Zucchini & Feta
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tsp fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
In a small sauce pan, bring the water to boil. Add quinoa, reduce heat to summer, cover the pan, and cook 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside, covered, for 10 minutes. In a small glass jar, combine lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper, and shake until the dressing is emulsified.
Combine quinoa, mint, tomatoes and cucumber in a large mixing bowl. Pout in the dressing, and toss gently to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl, top with feta, and serve at room temperature.