AUSTIN, TX - On April 8, 2014, St. David's HealthCare recognized 899 employees for their dedicated service at the company's annual Service Awards Banquet at the Hilton Convention Center Hotel. Employees were honored for milestones in employment ranging from five to 45 years.
"It is our privilege to recognize these employees for their dedicated service to our organization and to the patients we serve," David Huffstutler, president and chief executive officer of St. David's HealthCare, said. "Each of them is committed to carrying out our mission of providing exceptional care to every patient every day, and they are our greatest asset."
Sixteen employees were recognized for 35 or more years of service to St. David's HealthCare.
Employees celebrating 35 years of service include:
- Don Wilkerson, Chief Executive Officer, St. David's Medical Center
- Susan Vasquez, Registered Nurse, Bailey Square Surgery Center
- Marta Del Toro, Registered Nurse, St. David's North Austin Medical Center
- Althea McNary-Cyphers, Office Coordinator, St. David's North Austin Medical Center
- Lesa Hernandez, Revenue Compliance Auditory, St. David's HealthCare
- Linda Allyn, Registered Nurse, St. David's Medical Center
- Carolyn Bowlin, Licensed Vocational Nurse, St. David's Medical Center
- George Curry, Imaging Assistant, St. David's Medical Center
- Nancy Fuentes, Registered Nurse, St. David's Medical Center
- Celia Harris, Registered Nurse, St. David's Medical Center
- Sharon Robertson, Nurse Supervisor, St. David's Medical Center
- Mary Straver, Mammography Technician, St. David's Medical Center
Employees celebrating 40 years of service include:
- Linda Lybrand, Pharmacist Informatics, St. David's Medical Center
- Stevie Monroe-Davis, Materials Technician, St. David's Medical Center
Employees celebrating 45 years of service include:
- Frances Arldt, PBX operator, St. David's Georgetown Hospital
- Malcolm Belisle, Vice President of Support Services, St. David's HealthCare
St. David's HealthCare
With more than 90 sites across Central Texas, St. David's HealthCare includes seven of the area's leading hospitals and is one of the largest health systems in Texas. Known for compassionate, high-quality care, the organization has been recognized with the Texas Award for Performance Excellence, the highest honor bestowed by the State of Texas based upon world-class quality measures. In 2014, two of the system's facilities-St. David's Medical Center and St. David's North Austin Medical Center-were named among the nation's 100 Top Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics (formerly Thomson Reuters), a leading provider of information and solutions to improve the cost and quality of healthcare. St. David's HealthCare was also recognized as one of the top 15 health systems in the U.S. by Thomson Reuters in 2012. Additionally, St. David's Medical Center-which includes Heart Hospital of Austin-was named a Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital for 2013. Perennially ranked as the top Austin-area employer among large companies by the Austin Business Journal's annual "Best Places to Work" survey, St. David's HealthCare is the fourth-largest private employer in the Austin area, with more than 8,100 employees. For more information, please visit StDavids.com.