AUSTIN, Texas—On April 13, 2017, St. David’s HealthCare recognized 918 employees for their dedicated service at the company’s annual Service Awards Banquet at the JW Marriott in downtown Austin. Employees were honored for milestones in employment ranging from five to 40 years.
“Our employees are our greatest assets,” David Huffstutler, president and chief executive officer of St. David’s HealthCare, said. “We are pleased to recognize them for their longstanding, dedicated service to our organization and to the patients we serve.”
Seven employees were recognized for 35 or more years of service to St. David’s HealthCare.
Employees celebrating 35 years of service include:
- Suzanne Diercks, R.N., neonatal intensive care unit nurse, St. David’s Women’s Center of Texas
- Connie Reynolds, R.N., labor and delivery nurse, St. David’s Georgetown Hospital
- J.C. Jefferson, surgery waiting room coordinator, St. David’s Medical Center
Employees celebrating 40 years of service include:
- Lynda Barker, R.N., newborn nursery nurse, St. David’s Medical Center
- Mary Devore, respiratory therapist, St. David’s Medical Center
- Jackie Logan, R.N., neonatal intensive care unit nurse, St. David’s Medical Center
- Binh Nguyen, R.N., postpartum nurse, St. David’s Medical Center
St. David’s HealthCare
With more than 110 sites across Central Texas, St. David’s HealthCare includes seven of the area’s leading hospitals and is one of the largest health systems in Texas. The organization was recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award—the nation’s highest presidential honor for performance excellence—in 2014. St. David’s HealthCare is the third-largest private employer in the Austin area, with more than 9,000 employees.
St. David’s HealthCare is a unique partnership between a hospital management company and two local non-profits—St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation. The proceeds from the operations of the hospitals fund the foundations, which, in turn, invest those dollars back into the community. Since the inception of St. David’s HealthCare in 1996, more than $379 million have been given back to the community to improve the health and healthcare of people in Central Texas.