Our comprehensive weight loss programs offer informational seminars, preoperative evaluations and education, and state-of-the-art surgical alternatives, with extensive aftercare and post-surgical support.
St. David’s HealthCare offers free seminars to answer questions and explain the benefits of bariatric surgery.
Bariatric surgery may be an option for those who:
- Are more than 100 pounds over ideal body weight
- Have a BMI of over 40
- Are unable to achieve a healthy body weight for a sustained period of time, even through medically supervised dieting
- Have a BMI over 35 and experience negative health effects such as high blood pressure or diabetes, related to weight
Learn more about health conditions and treatments. Browse the links in this Health Library to obtain information on a variety of health topics.
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass—Laparoscopic Surgery
- Vertical Banded Gastroplasty—Laparoscopic Surgery
- Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy—Laparoscopic
- Understanding Portion Control
Are you at risk? Prevent & protect.
St. David’s HealthCare Help Center
- Find a doctor and make an appointment
- Answer healthcare questions
- Register for classes & events