St. David’s Children’s Hospital provides emergency, inpatient and intensive care services for children ages 17 and under. St. David’s Children’s Hospital is located at St. David’s North Austin Medical Center.
“St. David’s HealthCare has long been a leader in providing exceptional care to our patients,” David Huffstutler, president and chief executive officer of St. David’s HealthCare, said. “We are pleased to expand that level of high-quality care to include our youngest patients by opening St. David’s Children’s Hospital.”
St. David’s Children’s Hospital is a separate, dedicated 10-bed emergency department, an 8-bed medical surgical inpatient unit and a 6-bed pediatric intensive care unit. It provides patients with a wide array of pediatric services, including pediatric surgery with a dedicated operating room exclusively for pediatric patients; pediatric radiology for interpretation of studies, as well as interventional services; pediatric anesthesia as needed for surgical support; and a wide range of pediatric specialties available for consult and treatment including cardiology, orthopedics, neurology, urology, among others.
“St. David’s Children’s Hospital provides residents in Austin with another choice for conveniently located pediatric care,” Allen Harrison, chief executive officer of St. David’s HealthCare, said. “We look forward to seeing the positive impact this children’s hospital will have on our community.”
With the addition of St. David’s Children’s Hospital, St. David’s North Austin Medical Center will be the only hospital in the region to offer a complete continuum of care for people of all ages.
Pediatric services include:
- Dedicated emergency care in a 10-bed pediatric-only emergency department with a core group of pediatric emergency medicine physicians
- Inpatient pediatric care in an 8-bed medical surgical unit with 24/7 pediatric hospitalist coverage
- 6-bed pediatric intensive care unit with 24/7 pediatric intensivist coverage
- Pediatric surgery with 24/7/365 call coverage and a dedicated operating room exclusively for pediatric patients
- Pediatric radiology for interpretation of studies as well as interventional services
- Pediatric anesthesia as needed for surgical support
A wide range of pediatric specialties available for consult and treatment, including:
- Pediatric Surgery (Your guide to surgery )
- Cranio-facial and plastic surgery
- Infectious Disease
Are you at risk? Prevent & protect.
St. David’s HealthCare Help Center
- Find a doctor and make an appointment
- Answer healthcare questions
- Register for classes & events