Immersion Residency Overview
At St. David's HealthCare, we understand the challenges that a new nurse faces. Our evidence-based program includes blended learning, ongoing support, and trained preceptors to guide you.
Immersion Residency: Dates and Details
10 to 13 weeks (depending on specialty):
- Initial three week on-boarding, including Nursing Orientation, Immersion Orientation, education, and initial unit on-boarding
- Remaining 7 to 10 weeks structured to allow the majority of time to be spent on the unit of hire, with a trained preceptor
- Specialty education with clinical experts as well as general clinical development
- Spring 2017:
- January 23
- February 13
- Summer 2017:
- June 19
- July 10
- Fall 2017:
- September 25
Specialties include, but are not limited to:
Medical/SurgicalCritical Care (ICU/IMC/PCU)RehabilitationEmergencyOncologyLabor and DeliveryBone Marrow TransplantPostpartumNeurologyNeonatal Intensive CareOrthopedicsPediatricsTelemetrySurgical ServicesHow to Apply In order to participate in the Immersion Residency, you must secure a Graduate Nurse position within St. David's HealthCare. Please review our FAQs prior to applying.
Choose the facility you are most interested in.
Each of our facilities/units will post positions for Graduate Registered Nurses if they are hiring GNs. Positions open to GNs at each facility will have “Graduate Registered Nurse” in the title.
Please do not apply to other RN requisitions. Those are for RNs with at least 6 months experience as a RN.
The Specialty Nurse Accelerated Program (SNAP) at St. David's HealthCare is an elite training program designed to rapidly advance the careers of new nurses, as well as those seeking to move into another specialty. This is a great succession step once a nurse has completed the Immersion Residency.
What is the Next Step?
Once you have submitted an application:
- Your application will be reviewed by a recruiter.
- Applications that meet qualifications for interview will be forwarded to hiring managers and directors. Hiring needs are dependent upon many factors, including current openings.
- Selected applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Upon interview, please inquire about participation in our Residency.
- For more information about the Immersion Residency, contact Kelly Easley at Kelly.Easley@stdavids.com.
If you have accepted a position in the Immersion Residency:
- Congratulations! Welcome to the Team.
- Your unit and Human Resources department will coordinate your schedule.
- Please be proactive in taking steps to ensure you have a current Texas GN permit or RN license. Visit http://www.bon.texas.gov/ for more information about nursing licensure in Texas.
- You will be contacted by the residency coordinator approximately 2 weeks prior to your orientation day with information about residency classes and requirements.
- If you have questions about the Nurse Immersion Residency, you may contact your hiring Director or Manager, Human Resources, or Kelly Easley (Nurse Residency Coordinator).